The Legal Stuff

All images on this blog are copyright of A. Hampton and the Hey Mister H! Blog unless otherwise stated.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Here Come the Paintings!

Wow! Those posts last week were the best EVER, right?!...
Wait...don't tell me the space aliens got to them again! Greedy aliens. It's so frustrating when they do that. I guess I'll post them again this week so you all can see them too.
So here are a few paintings I was commissioned to do by a friend at church. They aren't really indicative of my normal style, but they are the only three that I've had a chance to get good pictures of. She basically gave me only 3 criteria to fulfill. First, she wanted a specific color set to go with her furniture and other decor. Second, she had a series of words to be included (specifically the nine aspects of the fruit of the Spirit as described in Paul's Letter to the Galatians chapter 5 verses 22-23 in the Christian Bible). And finally, I was to include my own interpretations of nine eastern Asian inspired images that she had chosen. I don't by any means profess to be an expert when it comes to the creation of objective abstract art. That being established, I finally finished the triptych and she liked it, so I suppose I accomplished my mission. Here they are, both individually and in what I consider to be their optimal wall arrangement.
As a side note, I feel like it's worth pointing out that regardless of your personal beliefs, if we all took on even some of these nine traits it would be beneficial to mankind as a whole. Our world has quite enough negativity, but could easily stand to be a little more patient, gentle, kind, loving, etc,.
There you have them, hopefully safe from extraterrestrial interference this time.  As usual (well usually, as usual) check back Wednesday to see what's else I've got in store for your viewing enjoyment.  Until then, let's all make this oft-too-crazy world we live in a happier place any way we can. And of course...
Stay creative,
AH!

No comments:

Post a Comment