The Legal Stuff

All images on this blog are copyright of A. Hampton and the Hey Mister H! Blog unless otherwise stated.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Meet Stan and Spite

As I've mentioned before, the inside of my head can be a scary place to the casual observer. I'm quite comfortable there, but again it is MY head. Taking that into account, here are a couple of the creatures to crawl out of the recesses of my imagination.

First up is Stan Fauntleroy. He's a lizard-man, plain and simple. I do feel the need to point out that while he does possess a phenotype similar to that of a certain insurance peddling gecko, they are in no way related. Stan is not the kind of guy you want to run into in a dark alley. He may look fairly innocuous on first inspection, but would you really want to cross a six foot tall, surly lizard man?
Artistically speaking, I find drawing fine details very relaxing, thus the multitude of individual scales. He was also one of my first attempts at a portrait from (almost full) profile.
Next we meet Spite. Not a lot to say about this one other than that he is the personification of the concept of spite. I guess if you insist on defining what type of creature he is, I'd probably call it a hobgoblin. In any case, I suspect I wouldn't trust him with children, small animals, or anything else defenseless. I mean, look at those teeth.
Putting his personality flaws aside and taking an artistic standpoint, Spite's face is intended to be both compelling and disturbing to look at, with greatly enlarged eyes (as I've mentioned being fond of) and a nice, big smile full of really sharp teeth.

These guys are just the tip of the "what the heck?!" iceberg. So check back (at least) every Sunday and Wednesday.
-AH!

No comments:

Post a Comment