The Legal Stuff

All images on this blog are copyright of A. Hampton and the Hey Mister H! Blog unless otherwise stated.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Mid-Week #4: Wired Wednesday, Part the Second

It's time for the next installment of the Wired Wednesday series!  Okay, so it isn't exactly Wednesday anymore (well, on the west coast it is), but Wired Thursday doesn't exactly have the same ring to it.  Anyway, these are a few of my wire animals. These are all a lot more precise and less chaotically wired than Zeke-37. In fact, that chaotic style is almost exclusive to the wire man and his descendants now. So away we go...
First, I submit for your consideration a bat.  A lot like my drawing of the owl, this one isn't so much a specific type of bat as it is the Platonic ideal of Bat.  To give you an idea of overall size, he's about 16 inches from wingtip to wingtip He's currently hanging on my wall, so I obviously like how it turned out.  



This next one shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody who knows me or has seen my posts up to this point.  It's another monkey! Also not surprisingly it's one of my all-time favorites. I tried to get as much of that "Monkey-ness" into it that I could without overworking it.  The only thing it lacks is a name. Any suggestions would be thoughtfully considered.
Again for an idea of the size, it's about 13 inches to the top of the arch of his tail and about 10 inches from nose to back foot.


My rattlesnake is one of the more simple wire animals I've made.  The head is the most complex portion of it (at least as far as shape goes) and from there back it's mostly circles connected in such a way to give it the sense of movement.  The scale of this scaly slithering serpent is about 20 inches in it's current posture.  If it were able to extend to a straight line it would probably be around 26 inches.


The final animal offering for this post is my tiny giraffe. Standing a whopping 9 and a half inches tall, she's not exactly suited for grabbing the leaves at the top of the wire trees, but is a great height for hanging out on top of a shelf or chest of drawers.  She took just under two hours to construct, so given the level of complexity to her, she's one of my fasted wire-works so far. 




Next Wednesday (or Thursday at the latest) will bring more wire-works for your enjoyment, and of course the beginning of the week will bring more drawings (Sketched Sunday?). Until then, my friends, keep the arts alive.
Stay creative,
-AH!

No comments:

Post a Comment